Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board
P.O. Box 2130
4922 - 48th Street
7th Floor YK Centre Mall
Yellowknife, NT. X1A 2P6
Main office: (867) 669-0506
Fax: (867) 873-6610
- Shelagh Montgomery, Executive Director, (867) 766-7457
- Amanda Gauthier, Executive Coordinator, (867) 766-7460
- Tanya Lantz, Community Outreach Coordinator, (867) 766-7452
For questions, requests for information, or to schedule a meeting to discuss the application process, please contact the Regulatory Coordinator, Jen Potten.
- Chris Hotson, Regulatory Manager, (867) 766-7459
- Shannon Allerston, Regulatory Specialist, (867) 766-7465
- Lindsey Cymbalisty, Senior Technical Advisor, (867) 766-7471
- Katherine Harris, Senior Technical Advisor, (867) 766-7470
- Jacqueline Ho, Regulatory Specialist, (867) 766-7455
- Erica Janes, Regulatory Specialist, (867) 766-7466
- Sean Joseph, Regulatory Specialist, (778) 800-9770 (working remotely until October 29, 2021)
- Angela Love, Regulatory Specialist, (867) 766-7456
- Tyree Mullaney, Regulatory Specialist, (867) 766-7464
- Kimberley Murray, Regulatory Specialist, (867) 766-7458
- Angela Plautz, Senior Regulatory Policy Advisor, (867) 766-7461
- Jen Potten, Regulatory Coordinator, (867) 766-7468
- Heather Scott, Senior Technical Advisor, (867) 766-7463
- Andy Wheeler, Regulatory Specialist, (867) 766-7467
- Emma Junker, Regulatory Technician, (867) 766-7469
If you are looking for information or would like to set up an interview, please contact the Executive Director, available at the phone number and email address above.
Due to the quasi-judicial nature of the Regulatory Process of the Land and Water Boards of the Mackenzie Valley, there are certain limitations as to what the Board Chair and Executive Director are able to speak about. Board decisions, submissions made by other parties, or any other evidence must speak for themselves.
The primary source of information for all matters currently before the Board is the MVLWB Public Registry. The Registry contains all the evidence the Board has on a particular file. We encourage you to contact the developer of a project that is under review to obtain details about their project. Land and Water Board staff can only provide a cursory overview of the project. The developer will be best able to describe its own project.
Media requests are referred to designated Executive Directors, who may provide remarks on procedural issues. It may be acceptable in certain situations for written responses to be provided by the Executive Director(s) to media requests.
Access to Information Requests
The Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board is an independent, public board funded by the federal government. Its governing legislation is the Mackenzie Valley Resource Management Act (MVRMA) and the Board is subject to the federal Access to Information and Privacy Acts. To submit a request, please visit our Access to Information Requests page.