Are you interested in helping shape the future here in the NWT? Consider joining a resource management Board! The Government of Canada is looking for dynamic people who have an interest in this important work and are self-motivated! The Boards that you could serve on include:
- Environmental Impact Review Board for the Inuvialuit Settlement Region
- Environmental Impact Screening Committee for the Inuvialuit Settlement Region
- Gwich’in Land and Water Board
- Gwich’in Land Use Planning Board
- Inuvialuit Water Board
- Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board
- Mackenzie Valley Environmental Impact Review Board
- Sahtu Land and Water Board
- Sahtu Land Use Planning Board
- Wek’èezhìı Land and Water Board
If you are interested in applying for one of these Boards and supporting the important work they do, you can submit a letter of interest which should include which Board(s) you are interested in (to a maximum of five), clearly explaining your relevant knowledge and experience, and, optionally, self-identifying as a member of one of the following groups:
- Indigenous Peoples
- Persons with disabilities
- Members of visible minorities
Please also include an explanation of any potential real or apparent conflict(s) of interest, if applicable; as well as a detailed, up-to-date resume that includes your contact details.
Those appointed must be able to manage the fluctuating nature of the Board or panel’s workload, undergo a federal security verification process, which includes fingerprinting and credit check, be available for an interview upon request, as well as share your Covid-19 vaccination status, where applicable.
Any current members are also welcome to express interest in being re-appointed. Please note that Municipal, Indigenous, Territorial, and Federal Government elected officials are ineligible for appointment.
Letters of interest and resumes may be sent to:
Governance and Partnerships Directorate
Crown–Indigenous Relations and Northern Affairs Canada
Northwest Territories Regional Office
P.O. Box 1500
YELLOWKNIFE, NT X1A 2R3