EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (YELLOWKNIFE)
The Mackenzie Valley Land and Water Board (MVLWB) is accepting applications for a Regulatory Intern to join our Yellowknife team for a 6-month term. The successful candidate will be mentored by and work closely with various MVLWB staff to assist us with general day-to-day and project-specific tasks. The internship will offer a broad range of experiences through helping to conduct and coordinate the review of land use permit and water license applications, develop community outreach and engagement activities, and assist with the maintenance of the Public Registry.
This is a United Nations Association of Canada Green Corps funded program. To qualify for the internship, you MUST:
- be between the ages of 18 and 30 (inclusive) at the time of hire;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person who has been granted refugee status in Canada;
- be legally entitled to work in the NWT;
- not be receiving Employment Insurance (EI) benefits at the time of the placement;
- not be a full-time or co-op student;
- not have participated in a youth project or program funded by the federal government within one year; and
- be able to commit to a full-time job placement.
For more information please contact Chris Hotson, Regulatory Manager, at email@example.com.