Careers & Contracting
Interested in working at the MVLWB? Join our team in Yellowknife and be a part of a progressive, integrated, resource co-management regime in the Northwest Territories.
- Our team’s Mission is to regulate and manage the use of the land and water and the deposit of waste through fair, effective, inclusive, and transparent processes.
- We work collaboratively with governments, industry, communities and civil society to build fair, transparent, and balanced processes that lead to informed, reasonable, and timely decisions by the Board.
- Outside of the office we are parents, volunteers, cyclists, sailors, runners, hunters, kayakers, gardeners, coffee lovers, and adventurers.
- We foster a work culture of high-performance and balance; we work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, and accommodate flexible work schedules to balance personal and professional commitments.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and support employees in their professional development growth plans. If you are interested in joining our team – please apply!
All applications should be submitted to the “Executive Director” at firstname.lastname@example.org, and should include the Job Title and ID# in the subject line. While we thank all those who apply, only applicants who have been selected to move to the next hiring phase will be contacted.
See Careers page for current Job Postings
The Land and Water Boards of the Mackenzie Valley conduct preliminary screenings and issue Land Use Permits and Water Licences. These authorizations are issued for a variety of undertakings in sectors including, but not limited to: mining and milling, power generation, municipal operations, oil and gas, transportation, remediation, and other industrial activities.
Technical Areas of Expertise
Throughout the processing and review of applications, renewals or amendments to Land Use Permits and/or Water Licences, the Boards may seek support in a range of areas of expertise including, but not limited to, the following:
See Contracting page for current Requests for Qualifications